QuickBooks error 6073 arises when a user tries opening a company file. When you try to open a company file, and an error message appears on the screen all of a sudden, stating QuickBooks is unable to open the company file.
Signs that indicate occurrence of Error 6073
- QuickBooks error message 6073 pops up on the screen immediately
- You may not be able to open your financial record due to the error
- The error crashes an active window and degrades the performance of your system
- PC freezes periodically for a few seconds at a time
Causes That Can Trigger QuickBooks Error Code 6073
- The file is open on another computer when multi-user mode is disabled
- When a read-only network folder contains the file
- When the file is accessed using remote software, and the host system perceives that the user is still logged in.
- A Linux server has been used to host the files, and multiple login credentials are being used to login to the shared folder.
How to Resolve Error 6073 in QuickBooks While Accessing the Company File?
Utilize Quick BooksFile Doctor to Fix Company File
If the file you are trying to access is damaged, then in such case QuickBooks File Doctor can resolve all the issues associated to the company file.
- Download the utility from the official website of the Intuit
- Run it to locate and fix data damage.
- Wait for the process to end
- Check if QuickBooks error 6073 appears no more while accessing the company file.
- Move to the next solution if the root cause of the error is something other than the damaged company file.
Resolve the Error: 6073 Manually
Several instances in the QuickBooks can bring forward the error code, and therefore, you need to perform diverse solutions in a particular situation.
When you try to open the file on another PC in single-user mode:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop on all computers
- Open the company file using the host computer
- Go to the File menu and switch to Multi-User mode
- Reboot all the workstations, if the QuickBooks Company file Error 6073 strikes again
When the company file is open on the Host computer, but in single-user mode:
- Close the company file
- Re-open it
- Select Open or Restore Company option from the File menu
- Open a company file
- Click Next
- Select your company file you are trying to access
- Select Open in Multi-User Mode.
- Open the file to check the status of QuickBooks Error 6073
In case the error still persists, contact QuickBooks Error Support.
Leave a ReplyYour email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *