Setting up the Outlook account on the Apple device is a bit tricky but once done step by step, things get easier and you will be able to access your email account on your apple device.
Changing or adding the Outlook server email settings can be annoying if not done right. However, in such a case, configuring the account with appropriate settings becomes essential. Inappropriate settings can lead to several other issues. Setting up the account automatically is fine but when it comes to setting up the account manually things get a bit complicated.
Before moving further, let us take a look at setting up the account automatically.
Setting up the Microsoft Outlook Account automatically
- Go to Settings on your device
- Click on Mail
- Now click on Accounts
- Select “Add Account”
- Now select your email provider
- Enter your email address and password
- Click on Next
- Wait for the Mail to verify your account
- Choose the information from your email account like your contacts
- Click on save.
If you don’t see your email provider then click on Other to add your account manually.
After clicking on the other email account, you need to follow a simple procedure as mentioned below.
If you are using Outlook on your Apple device for the first time then you need to set up your email address in your Microsoft Outlook for iPad or iPhone. So, to use Outlook on your device you need to set up the account manually. Setting up the account manually can give answers to so many questions like Where are the Outlook settings on iPhone or iPad; how to add the work outlook email to iPhone or iPad. All you need to do is follow a manual procedure and you are all set to go and to use your Microsoft Outlook on your iOS device. To do so, you need to follow the below-mentioned procedure.
Setting up the Microsoft Outlook Account Manually
- Create an email address using your domain
- On your Apple device, open the “Outlook”
- Click on the Menu icon
- Click the “Gear” icon available in the lower-left corner.
- Click on Add Account
- Then “Add an Email Account” in a pop-up appears
- On the “Add Account” screen, enter your email address
- Click on Add account
- Outlook will try to set up an exchange account.
- Click on Not Exchange and Change Service Provider in the pop-up window to continue
- Now, click on “IMAP” under the “Advanced” tab
- Enter the email address and password
- Click on the “Use Advanced Settings” toggle to display the additional options
- Now you need to specify some additional settings
- Under IMAP incoming mail server:
- IMAP hostName: imap.domainname.com: 993
- IMAP Username: Enter your full email address
- IMAP Password: Enter your password
- SMTP Host Name: smtp.domainname.com: 587
- SMTP Username: Enter your email address
- SMTP Password: Enter your password
Now that you are all set to using your Microsoft Outlook account on your iOS device, you can enjoy the emailing services on your iPhone or iPad.
Several users keep questioning about “What is the server for Outlook on iPhone”. To answer the question directly, the IMAP hostname is the incoming server whereas the SMTP hostname is the outgoing mail server.
People Also ask
What is the server for Outlook on iPhone?
Where are Outlook settings on iPhone?
how to add work outlook email to iPhone?
outlook email server settings iPhone
how to add outlook email to iPhone 11
setup outlook on iPhone
how to add work outlook email to iPhone
In case, you have encountered an issue with the working of your email services or Microsoft Outlook and you don’t have an appropriate piece of knowledge to handle the issue, then also you don’t need to worry at all. You can handle it all by connecting with the Customer Support Service and get your issues resolved. We have a dedicated team of professionals that are proficient in handling all the issues encountered by the users. So, drop your worries aside and acquire the very best from the comfort of your home.
Stay connected for more!
Leave a ReplyYour email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *