Outlook is one of the most well-known email servers and management applications Microsoft owns. It provides reliable and efficient service and support. But as a user, you might have experienced certain issues while using your Outlook account. Out of many common problems that people face while using this application, one of the most common problems is that you can’t send or receive emails even after creating an Outlook account successfully. This post will provide you with solutions to problems you face while sending and receiving emails from Outlook.
Outlook sending and receiving settings.
Once you create an Outlook account, you can easily change the Outlook send and receive settings. In order to change Outlook, send and receive setting follow these steps which are mentioned in detail to help you or guide you to change the send and receive settings.
- Once you create an Outlook account, just select tools, go to > Send/Receive, then > send/receive settings, then > Define Send/Receive Groups.
- After that, select the Send/Receive groups containing the email account you want to change.
- Then under setting for group send/receive group name > select The Schedule an automatic send/receive mail every n-minutes check box.
If you don’t want to schedule an automatic send/receive email, you don’t have to follow the third step. You can simply follow the first two steps to change your Outlook account's send/receive settings.
Outlook receiving but not sending emails?
You might have faced the Outlook receiving but not sending emails problem while using your outlook account. This problem can occur for various reasons to prevent this problem While sending mail through Outlook. Follow these steps to find solutions to this issue.
- Check if you are receiving an error message after clicking the send button of the mail that you want to send. If you receive an error message, check with your internet service provider, who might have blocked the port number you are using for the outgoing mail server.
- Check out with your email address provided, and ensure that your email server settings are updated.
- Check out with your email address provider and ensure that you are exceeding the hourly or daily email sends criteria.
- Check out your internet connection.
- Check out the email address to which you are sending the email.
Outlook is not sending but receiving emails?
Another problem that you may have faced while using Outlook, which is Outlook not sending but receiving emails. While you are using Outlook, you might have faced the issue that you can receive emails from other people but cannot send emails to someone. This issue might occur due to some very common reasons, which are as follows
- poor internet connection
- Wrong email address
- Or your email server settings are not updated.
While using Outlook, there are various issues that you might have faced. This post provided solutions to email send or receive problems you may have faced while using Outlook.