Google Assistant is a helpful tool that helps in every situation, but what if the Google Assistant not responding or is not working on your android/iPhone device? Well, there can be a lot of reasons that might be a reason behind it but whatever causes the issue, it needs to be addressed on time to keep using the uninterrupted services again.
Why did OK Google stop working on my phone?
Well, if you have encountered the same issue, your Google Assistant is not working on Android, iPhone, and looking for the fixes to resolve the issue then you have come to the right place. Here we have compiled all you need to perform.
Fixing Google Assistant Not Working Issue
Enable Voice Activation
If your Google assistant is not responding on your device then you must verify if the Voice activation is enabled or not. There might be a chance that you have mistakenly turned off the voice feature on your device. If it is turned off then you can enable it by performing a few steps. Follow the below-mentioned steps
- Launch the Google app
- Go to the More tab in the bottom bar.
- From the More page, go to Settings
- Click on Voice
- Select Voice Match
- Here you can enable the Hey Google activation.
- Once you enable this feature from here, your phone will react to your voice command and trigger Google Assistant.
Retrain the Google Assistant
Google Assistant comes with several languages and even different English accents, it can recognize Indian English or some other as well. So it might be the problem that your phone is unable to comprehend you and not opening the assistant for you. If this is the case, you can retrain the assistant in your English accent it will catch it after.
To retrain the Google Assistant
- Go to the Google App
- Then switch to the More tab.
- Now go to the Settings then Voice
- Then select Voice Match
- Here you will see the Retrain voice model option.
- Click on that option
- You will be asked to repeat some phrases so the application will understand how you speak.
Update the Google Services
Google services play a crucial role in the appropriate functioning of all Google applications. Many of the Google services won’t work if the application is not installed or is obsolete. If this is the case then you must go to the play store and update the Google services to the latest version.
Here’s all you need to perform.
- Launch the Google Play Store app
- Open the hamburger menu
- Click on My apps & games.
- Here you will see all the apps which need to be updated
- Click on Update all apps
- All the apps will start updating.
Clear App Data
The cache and cookies can also be the culprit behind the occurrence of the issue. If this is the case, then you must try clearing the data so that it can function appropriately. To do so, perform the following:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Apps and notifications
- Select see all apps
- Then search for Google Services
- And then clear the storage.
And you don’t need to worry as well because your data will be safe and once you will log in again to the Google account, you will get your apps again, the only catch here is that you have cleared your cache and cookies only.
We hope that this blog has helped you in resolving the encountered issue of OK Google not working. For more such issues, you can view Getechinfo to explore such topics more.
Stay connected for more!
Enjoyed this post? Try these related posts:-