Facebook Dating is the social media giant's response to mobile dating apps like Tinder and Bumble. Your name, age, and the pages and groups you enjoy from your regular Facebook profile will be imported into your new dating profile to help make it stand out.
You could wish to get rid of your Facebook Dating profile after you've spent some time using it. Perhaps you've discovered that another dating app better suits your needs or that online dating isn't for you. On the other hand, maybe you've met someone special in real life and no longer has any use for the app.
Whether you've changed your mind or want to start fresh, erasing your Facebook Dating profile is a simple process.
Remove Your Dating Profile From Facebook
- Launch the Facebook app on your mobile device, an iPhone or Android.
- The menu can be accessed by tapping the three horizontal bars in the lower right of the screen.
- Find "Dating" by scrolling down.
- Select the "gear icon ( )" in the upper right corner to access the preferences panel.
- Select the "General" tab on the right side of the Settings menu's top bar.
- Select "Delete Profile" from the Account menu.
- After tapping "Next," you can enter a reason for deleting your profile if you choose.
- Instead of deleting your whole profile, you will be asked to "Take a Break."
- Choose "Take a Break," and your profile will be hidden from the app, but all of your previous matches and chats will be preserved. You can disable this feature and regain full access to your account anytime.
- Select "Delete Profile" to permanently remove your profile and all associated information.
- Verify that you wish to get rid of your account.
What happens to your deleted Facebook dating profile?
This is what happens to your dating profile after you delete it. Information such as your name, age, and the Facebook pages and organizations you enjoy are used to craft a personalized dating profile when you sign up for a dating account on Facebook. When you remove your Facebook dating profile, you will no longer have access to your account, display image, dating answers, matches, likes, or chats. If you delete your profile, there is no way to get your old information back. Even if you delete your profile, your friends can see your conversations with you in their dating inboxes.
Does Facebook Allow You to Restore a Deleted Dating Profile?
Facebook's Dating App is just like any other online dating service in that respect. Some of your general dating histories are stored there. So, let's say you decide to cancel your online dating profile. If you erase your Facebook dating profile, there is no way to get it back.
If you've tried to delete your Facebook dating account but are unable to do so, it's possible that you deleted the app's shortcut to your profile first. Deleting the quick access tab will not remove your Facebook dating profile. You can use the abovementioned procedures to erase your Facebook dating account permanently.
Regardless of the gadget you're using; it's a simple process.